7.09.2008

Surf Club

Today was a fun day as I spent the afternoon with the local keiki surf club here in Laie, Halau Nalu, taking the kids to Goat Island on the hobie cat. On the last trip I tied off onto a buoy and got in the water to take a few shots of the kids. Here are some pics of our future professional surfers. I love this type of shoot, it gives me the chance to be creative in my editing and photograph an area I am passionate about. Halau Nalu is an amazing group and the people who dedicate their time and talents to creating and teaching in this surf club are truly incredible people. They just launched their website so you can get a taste of the good work, cultural legacies and Hawaiian language they are perpetuating, (soon there will be a link for people to make donations to help keep Halau Nalu growing and expanding).

IMG_7745t

IMG_7839t

IMG_7830

IMG_7787 tcopy

IMG_7822t

IMG_7810

IMG_7791gat copy

2 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I like how there are so many little girls riding! hopefully there will be more women surfers soon

Meg said...

Love your work Mark! I can't wait for my maternity shoot. I love your creativity.